iBackup Online backup software for Windows 8
Like most big online backup companies, iBackup supports Windows 8. We haven’t been able to test all features yet but a quicklook at the software and the companies proposition gives us a good first impression. Some highlights:
- Backup Multiple computers and devices with one iBackup account
- Advanced compression and backup algorithms that reduce network usage.
- Up to 30 versions of the same file so you can restore files that have ben extensively editted.
- 256-bit AES Encryption that secures your files while being transferred and stored outside your computer. The key is user-defined and not accessible by iBackup or it’s employees.
- Bandwith throttling feature so you can manage how much capacity the backup can use.
- Backup support for business/enterprise applications like Sharepoint, MS SQL server, MS Exchange server and Oracle Database backup.
Restore your files without downloading.
One big downside of online backup accounts is the physical location of your data. It’s somewhere in a datacenter only accessible by an Internet connection. Even on a modern broadband connection, downloading multiple Gigabytes (or even terabytes) can take longer than you’d like. Do you need quick access to all your data to get your business up and running after a fire or other disaster? iBackup will send your data on a hard drive to your office address so your data is directly available when your (new) hardware is ready to use.
Having a service like this separates this company from other online backup companies, it shows their serious about their business and take their clients needs high on their priority list. Thumbs up.